our family

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Experiment

For some reason, I always try to resist the latest fad but almost always jump on the bandwagon at some point in time.

When Vera Bradley became popular my junior year of college, I said that I would never pay $40+ dollars for a piece of quilt. Since then I have owned about 5 Vera Bradley purses, 2 pieces of luggage, and countless accessories (although I will say that my love of Vera Bradley has officially ended).

When Facebook and MySpace were born, I again went through my "that is SO stupid" phase.... until all of my friends had their own pages and I wanted one too.

And then blogging was born.

I really enjoy reading other people's blogs. Some people think that it is a lazy way of keeping in touch... I think that it is a great way to see what is going on in other people's lives when you otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to find out. My husband thinks blogging is stupid... another way to waste otherwise productive time (which I'm sure is partly true). I have to think that he is a bit hypocritical... (ahem... Fantasy Sports).

I haven't created a blog because
a) I don't feel like I will find the time to keep up with it, seeing as how I frequently forget to update my Facebook status which is usually about 5 days old before I realize it
b) I'm not quite sure that I have enough interesting things in my life to "blog" about, and
c) we have no babies to show off :) I feel as though most "bloggers" have children and have usually use blogging as a way to update friends and family on their new "married with children" lives... although I have a few friends who have proven this theory wrong!

BUT... curiosity killed the cat. The little kid inside me saying "I wanna try that too" has won :)

As far as finding time to update this page....I'm certain I will simply neglect our dirty clothes, dirty dishes, and stacks of books I have been meaning to read. This isn't a new thing though... I usually just read a magazine or watch a show I have DVR'ed to avoid the other things that need to get done.

I am trading in CaringBridge (which I no longer have a need for anymore... Praise Jesus!) and MySpace. Here comes the blog...

2 comments:

Sara said...

yay!! i added you to my favorite bloggers :)!!!

Amanda said...

I totally understand what you mean! I love blogging, but am not as faithful as I should be....I'll be keeping up with yours! Hope things are going well for you!