our family

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm baaaaaaack!

Wow. So.. approximately 2 years and 2 months ago, I created this blog. Shall I say, I created the blog AND made my first and last post. That would make "the Briley blog experiment" a bit of a failure, right?

I think that the failure of the blog had a lot to do with the title of the blog... "Here goes my free time...". To that, I now say... "WHAT free time? There is no free time!"

My free time is typically spent loading or unloading the dishwasher, loading or unloading the washing machine or dryer, folding clothes only to leave them on the couch in our bonus room until they are worn again, wiping up bits of crushed goldfish and splattered milk off the floor, and picking up things that are only going to be strewn about all over again within the next couple of hours... etc.

I'm sure many of you can relate ;) Most of these things occur after 7:30pm (bedtime) or during naptime. Ahhh, naptime.

Don't get me wrong, I love the cycle of craziness that is my life. I absolutely love cleaning up Carsyn's play kitchen... hanging all of the utensils in their place and putting all of her "spices" back on the spice rack knowing full well that they will be all over the floor again before the day is over. Wouldn't trade anything for it. However, I have learned that my free time is what I make of it.

One of my resolutions is to spend more time on what really matters and the things I enjoy, and less time on the little things that ultimately will not make a bit of difference in the end. I am trying to become a little less obsessive-compulsive (I'm sure Patrick will appreciate this effort). This will likely mean more goldfish crumbs scattered about and higher piles of laundry... but it will all be worth it.

So here I am again... blogging.  I assure you, this will be a very random stream of thoughts, things that I love, happenings in the Briley household... and who knows, my crafty side may even make a few appearances.

Hopefully, it won't be 2 years before you hear from me again!

No comments: