our family

Monday, January 31, 2011

30 before 30

So...  I have stumbled across this idea a few places and I thought I would jump on the "30 before 30" train.

I have a little over 7 months before I turn the big 3-0.  I decided to make a list of 30 things that I would like to accomplish (notice how I use "like to" in this sentence) before September 2nd rolls around. 

I tried not to set goals that are too lofty, but they ended up being pretty ambitious.  I will keep you updated as I cross these off.  We shall see... I may end up making this the "30 before 31" ;)


1) Find an exercise routine that I can enjoy and can STICK TO

2) Learn how to make homemade pizza dough

3) Maintain the blog (I will define this at at least 2 posts/week)

4) Finish Carsyn’s ruffle pants that I started in last fall’s sewing class…

5) …and learn how to make the matching apron knot dress

6) Learn how to sew fabric flowers

7) Pay off the Yukon

8) Go on a spontaneous weekend trip to a place that we have never been

9) Read Choosing to Cheat by Andy Stanley

10)  Finish reading Forgotten God , by Francis Chan

11) Cook dinner at least twice a week…

12) …and try at least 2 new recipes per month

13) Catch up writing in Carsyn’s baby book

14) Start the "bible in a year" again and stick to it... even if I miss a day here and there... I'm allowing myself some grace on this one!

15) Return to the DR

16) Go to at least 2 block parties at the More Hope House in the RZ

17) Organize a group to prepare and deliver meals to the inpatient Hospice home once monthly

18) Stick to our budget each month (or at least make up for overages the next month)

19) BEAT our budget a few months in a row so I can save up to purchase the Pottern Barn “daily system”

20) Correspond (yes, WRITE a letter/send a card) to someone at least twice monthly - hope to do this once weekly eventually...

21) Take Carsyn on a mommy-daughter trip somewhere cool



:items that involve cleaning/organizing/simplifying:



22) Edit/Organize/Back-up my digital photos and Flip videos that are eating up space on my laptop

23)  Clean out our file cabinet

24) Reorganize and complete my craft/sewing corner in the bonus room

25) Make the guest bedroom a guest bedroom once again

26) Clean and reorganize the guest bedroom closet

27) Go through everything that is in the attic and reorganize- donate, sell, give away (again, this may become the "30 before 31")

28) Weed out clothes that I no longer wear/cannot wear and donate them

29) Learn the art of “ebaying” and sell a few things…

30) Find a system for my coupons that actually WORKS

Items 23-30 are less interesting, but I truly feel that if I can just get rid of the things that we don't need or use, become more organized, and SIMPLIFY life in general... in the end, I will have more time to live life to the fullest!

Ok, so this is QUITE an ambitious list, and I'm pretty sure there is NO way that I can accomplish all this but I am pretty determined to accomplish these things.  I mean, I have seven months, right?

No comments: