our family

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The original Black-eyed Peas...

This is what un-decorating for Christmas + a missing bag of crushed seashells + a bag of black-eyed peas will get you.

While I was un-decorating our mantle a few weeks ago, I couldn't seem to figure out where I put the crushed seashells that I usually use as a jar-filler for my candles (except at Christmas time).  Then, an idea was born.  I'm not sure how it was that I stumbled upon the bags of black-eyed peas in my pantry at about the same time that I was scavenging for that zip-loc bag of crushed shells, but I am a big fan of the end result!

I think that the black-eyed pea jar-filler is a very festive way to welcome the New Year AND they are cheap! (esp. compare to the ol' coffee bean jar-filler idea)

January is a little too early to be breaking out the seashells, anyway.

No comments: